Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sciatica and End of Pregnancy Woes!

Sorry for the delay/postponement in posts. Things are rather hectic. Had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Things were going well all day prior to the appt and then boom noon hits and I am in EXCRUICATING pain. Severe pain was shooting down my leg and converging into one big fiery pain ball in my heel. It was so bad that Jon had to come and pick me up for the appt and then assist me with walking for the majority of the night. UGH. Turns out it is Sciatica....hmmmmmm....who would of thought it could be so debilitating?? Not I, my friends! Doc offered nothing except take a warm bath and it should be intermittent. She leaves the room and I start crying like the puss that I am. She comes walking back in and I about die of embarrasment. Who cries like that?? Oh yeah, a nine month pregnant lady! Anyways, in other doctor's news, I am 1 centimeter dialated and 50% effaced. For those of you novice preggo people out there it means absolutely nothing. For all I know I have been walking around like that since Gavin's pregnancy! LOL. No, seriously, I am making a bit of progress. Nothing to write home about (only blog apparently)!

My co-workers took me out for dinner last night to celebrate the babe's impending arrival! We enjoyed a lovely evening. I really enjoy them. They even brought a few gifts. We received the much needed diapers (multiple sizes), a wonderful stuffed monster (Gavin wants it), an adorable Pottery Barn hooded towel, a little girls out-fit (that may need to be returned, PS they are hoping for a girl), a gift card and 2 dozen beautiful roses!! So sweet of them!

While I dined and socialized Jon went to Gavin's parent/teacher conference. *Yes, at three we are already doing that.* We have had our share of behavioral issues/tantrums so I always get nervous. Well turns out he is doing FAB! His teachers' project that he is 6-8 months ahead in all pre-academic areas. See I already said he is a genius! So little Einstein is doing well socially and about what you would expect for a three year old boy! So, things are looking good. Well, except for the fact that he kicked his teacher yesterday, NICE! This, otherwise good news, means that the decision for kindergarten is going to be that much more difficult! (His birthday is the kindergarten cut-off.) Stay tuned for that big decision next summer. In the meantime...Einstein numeral dos is kicking and active! Just three short weeks. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I already have very painful sciatica at 15 weeks and the doc told me basically the same thing. So, I feel ya girl!

    ReplyDelete