Well...fully mended. Amoxicillin does a body good. In my school district if you work as a psycho (term of endearment, I promise ;)) your spring is usually filled with days upon days of meetings! Oh joy. I swear that I rarely see any children during this time. So, today was no different, two early morning meetings and then a full day meeting/committee/training/in-service. Not sure what to call it. Trust me this is not the reason I went into this profession. If you think I spend the day in an office with a couch psychoanalyzing you are sadly mistaken. My job is special ed. eligibility, behavior plans, meetings, and meetings deciding about new ways to determine special education eligibility! I JUST WANT TO HELP SOME KIDS!! UGH!
Anyways, over the weekend we had some of our roof shingles come off. Complete plywood showing. A guy calls to give an estimate...175$...ok, not bad, right? Well this particular yahoo doesn't even come and look at it...sees it from the distance and shoots out a figure. Jackass! So, looks as though Juan Don Diego will be braving the roof to nail the loose shingles back up. Hopefully, they are all salvageable! Ok, enough boring talk about shingles!
So, I am not sure if you have heard about the little girl from Brazil. Quick story, she is nine years old, she was being molested by her step-father since she was six. Mom took her to the hospital because she was complaining of stomach pains. Come to find out she was four months pregnant with twins. In Brazil abortions are illegal except in cases of rape etc. Mom and doctors proceed with an abortion. Brazil being ultra-catholic the local bishop excommunicates the mother and doctors from the catholic church. The Vatican supports the bishops decision. They do not excommunicate the step-father. Basically, stating that aborting the fetuses was worse than raping the nine year old for three years. Now, I am not anywhere near Catholic, but I just don't understand! The step-father will face criminal charges, but basically these doctors and the mother have lost all of there religious support. I can't imagine losing all of the support and love of your church community during such a difficult time. If anyone can clarify why "aborters" are excommunicated from the Catholic church and child sexual predators are not please fill me in? Also, why are a bunch of old men (The Vatican and Catholic Bishops), who have never been married, had children, and possibly never been with a woman, making decisions on the righteousness of what a women/girl does with her body? Especially, when said body has been violated so horribly?
Ok, enough of this for one day. I will return to the pregnancy news and Gavin anecdotes next time...soon enough you will be sick of hearing about weight gain, cervical dilation, and pregnancy pains...in the mean time thanks for reading and any comments are appreciated on the excommunication!
5 weeks ago
Ugh, organized religion can be really F***ed up sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI heard about this and I can't think of any rational behind it. The whole thing is just sad and horrific.
ReplyDelete