Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On the mend! Our local tragedy!

Feeling a little better today. I may actually make it out of the bedroom for more than a few minutes today! As soon as I can eat regularly I will feel like a brand new woman! Baby has done good through the last couple of days of illness. He/She is moving around like crazy!


Not sure if you have heard, but a local pastor was shot and killed during his sermon this Sunday. Fred Winters was the pastor at First Baptist Church in Maryville. He has two little girls that are a students at our schools. It is hard for me to fathom sitting in church singing, praising god and then having a shooter come in and start firing. The church and its members have done really well with the media coverage. They are still singing the praises of god and forgiveness for this man. It is amazing what true faith can do during tragedy! I wonder if it were me in the same position would I feel the same way as these parishioners? Being exposed to such violence can have a real effect on individuals' psyches. I hope they get the help they need. In the meantime pray for the church and Rev. Winters' wife and children.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this on the news Rachel and it breaks my heart! I can only imagine that the person responsible was going through a world of chaos to end up that way. It's so horrible!

    ReplyDelete