Monday, June 8, 2009

Almost Labor, Jake's Graduation, and a Funny!

As the last post stated we headed out on Friday night for the H.S. graduation! As Jon, Gavin, and I are driving the hour to me-maw's and pa-paw's I start to have contractions. First, I thought it was just a random couple. Well things became progressively more painful and consistent. I started to time them and they were only three minutes apart. I had Jon pull-over half way to get some water and to decide what to do. Should we A.) Turn around and go to the hospital or B.) keep going? We opted to keep going, because we had Gavin and couldn't take him to the hospital. Also, I figured if we made it there and they kept up we would still have time to make it back. So, onward! Well things didn't slow down. The contractions were coming consistently every 3 minutes. Finally, we get there (p.s. seemed as if it were 20 hours instead of the 1). I get out of the car, walk around, and have a few more. They slow down to every five minutes, but they were still coming. I decide to call the doctor. She is very concerned that I am 1.5-2 hours from the hospital. She wants me to make a decision in 20 minutes to come back or go to the local hospital. Well in that 20 minutes the contractions slowed down and became less consistent!! THANK GOD! Sporadically throughout the weekend I had more contractions, but nothing consistent. Baby G is still snug and doesn't appear to be coming today. We have a doctor's appointment at 5 o'clock. I hope all of those contractions did SOMETHING!

In other news, Jake's graduation was a huge success. We are all very proud of him. He will be playing on a baseball scholarship at a local college. VERY PROUD. My parents gave him a car for graduation! HOW EXCITING. It is a pretty car...or as he would say, "it is a sweet ride." He really loved the scrapbook I made him. It contains all of his newspaper clippings from the last four years! It is a very large book...I am so glad that he likes it. Jake's girlfriend Tamika, graduated as well. She is such a wonderful girl and she is a part of the family already. We are very proud of her, too. She received several honors and is aspiring to be a pharmacist! She is attending Jon and my's alma mater! WOOHOO! We are thrilled to have her here in town!

Jon's parents came in town for the celebration. Gavin was thrilled to play with them...as always :) They brought a few fun toys. Gavin has a new favorite toy...some type of frisbie. VERY FUN! Soft and durable...two things that all three-year-old's toys should be! They also brought some adorable things for the baby! Thank's Granpa and Ra-ra!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend...

Jake and Tamika


My parents and Jake



Gavin was tired and bored at the ceremony!




A brief funny story! Gavin is really into drawing these days. He drew his father and me the other day. Jon has quite the "strawberry" on his thigh from kickball and I am pregnant. Can you guess who-is-who? Isn't it great the way that your child perceives you?

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how different the 2nd pregnancy is...with the 1st any sign of labor is like GET TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!!! With the second it's like "Now...really? NO NOT NOW!!!"

    Love the drawing by the way! How very creative!

    ReplyDelete